Monday, June 20, 2011

Welcome to Hell

At this point you're asking yourself a few questions. At the top of that list are these two;

1 - Who the hell is this guy?
2 - Why should I give a rats anus what he has to say?

GOOD QUESTIONS! (also, your inner thoughts have the mouth of a sailor)

Let me begin by answering them;

1 - I'm a guy living in Austin, Texas. I really enjoy comic books, hence the clever title. However, unlike most die-hards I've only been serious about reading them for the past year or so. Hence the 'journey' part of the clever blog title. Now about the 'pits of hell', I've quickly learned one thing about this industry. IT IS CONFUSING AS, you guessed it! HELL!

This writer is working on this project with this artist and then some other dude is coloring it.

Then you get into the stories themselves, with near decades of backstory for most of the popular comics. Oh and the Hulk is red now? WTF?

Not to mention I just saw 'the Death of Spider-Man' the other day. WTF?!

And suddenly DC is going all the way back #1? Srsly. OMGWTF?!

Have no fear I'm confused as you are, which leads us to;

2 - Well, I'm relatively new to comics, so you're getting the perspective of a n00b. If you're looking for someone that can tell you,"he's fighting this character and feels really bad about it, because in issue #212 of this story arc he accidentally stepped on that guy's brother's toe and a nuclear war started." Go to another blog. You're getting the perspective of a guy that just really, really loves comics, hell stories in general. I love how comics engage the reader through both art and words.
I'll be offering up my insight and opinions on the latest releases. Hopefully some Q&A with seasoned industry pros. As well an update every Wednesday (maybe early Thursday) of what I'm reading that week.

I'm at my local comic shop every Wednesday checking out something new. So that's what I can offer you, my take on what's new, as well as my perspective on what's going on in the industry.

Keep in mind, this is also my blog, which means it will also discuss other topics, film, music, tv, food, news, pop culture, or just whatever the hell my ADHD enraged brain happens to be on about that day.

Sit back and enjoy while my hands click-clack on the keyboard and rape your senses via the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment